Welcome!
This page has been set up for all McIntosh Art Association members and friends so that I may explain the concept of sharing your personal photographs with me. I have been given the honor of being your featured guest artist during July, August and September of 2010. I would like to do something special for that show. I did this in my hometown this past September 2009 and it was a lot of fun for me and the community.
You, your family and friends can send in pictures that I may then choose from to create paintings. I won't be able to use all of them, unfortunately, but I've been pleased in the past to find many that are exciting to work from. In fact, I continued to paint several after the show that I just didn't have time to complete beforehand.
If I use your photograph, you are under no obligation to purchase the painting!
I tend to choose 'slice of life' type pictures that would be pleasing even if you didn't know the subjects. In other words, individual head shots probably would not be selected.
Please enjoy looking at some samples here from this past show to get a fuller idea of the concept.
If you'd like to participate, please email digitals to me at patburnsart@gmail.com no later than May 1st... the sooner, the better. Then come to the reception in Darien to the McIntosh Old Jail Art Center and see if someone or something in a painting looks familiar!
Good news... Linda Tucker will be in the members spotlight during June and July. We used to paint together before she moved to Darien and now we have the chance to do so again, even though we are miles apart. Linda and I will share your photographs so that your chances of being chosen for a painting will double! What fun!!
Both Linda and I will have other paintings available that are not from submitted photographs. More of my work can be seen on my website
" Pat DeVane Burns Fine Art"Please enjoy the paintings that follow and feel free to email me if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you!
-
Pat
Selection of artwork by Linda Tucker
Here are several images of Linda Tucker's artwork. Others can be found on
her webpage at McIntosh Art Association.Linda prefers scenes from the local area, vacation scenes and animals.
"Sky over Harris Neck"
"Kentucky Home"
"Marsh Sunset"
No comments:
Post a Comment